Sunday, February 15, 2015

What is love?

What is love?  How can someone define something that no one truly understands?  How am I, an 18 year old kid, supposed to explain 'the L word"?  I told my mom I thought I was in love once.  I told her I liked how this girl made me feel.  I said that I loved her, and you know what she told me?  "You're to young to know what love it sweetie."  How does she know?  Does love have a sign like the ones at Disneyland that says, "you must be this tall to enter."  No.  It doesn't.  Love has no definition.  Love has no age limit.  Love can't be explained.  LOVE CAN ONLY BE FELT.  I think I'm in love right now.  I can't tell you what it really is, I can only tell you what it feels like.  It feels like when I'm with her, nothing else matters.  When I'm with her, I'm the luckiest guy in the world.  I want to protect her.  I want to be with her.  I'm happy when she's happy.  That's the only way I can describe it.  It's not something that can be written on paper.  If anyone can explain it it’s Lee Brice, one of my favorite singers of all time. 
Love Like Crazy-They called them crazy when they started out, Said, "Seventeen's too young to know what loves about"  They've been together fifty-eight years now.  That's crazy.  

I Don’t Dance- I don't dance, but here I am, Spinning you around and around in circles, It ain't my style, but I don't care, I'd do anything with you anywhere.  Yes, you got me in the palm of your hand.  'Cause, I don't dance.

Those two songs are the closest things you can get to describing love.  It doesn’t matter if you’re 5 or 55, anyone can find love.  If you would do anything for her, that’s love.  If you’d dance with her, even if you don’t dance, that’s love.  I think I'm in love, and that's ok.  Because it's the best feeling you can have.  

1 comment: