Sunday, February 22, 2015

Life is NOT like a brick.

This life is not what we thought it was going to be.
When I was a kid, I never expected to be where I am today. 
I never thought that I’d be working construction, laying bricks all day.
I never thought I would have depression.
I never thought I’d be fighting to keep my grades up, fighting to even go to school.
I thought I’d be perfect.
I thought by this time, I would be working at Nike.
I thought I’d be getting accepted to BYU.
I thought I’d have a girlfriend. 
LIFE IS NOT CONCRETE.
A brick is something exact, something you can expect over and over and over again.
Life is not.
Life throws curveballs at you.
Life isn’t always perfect.
But what’s the trick to enjoy life?
The trick.  Is to know that life is not like a brick.
The trick.  Is knowing how to hit that curveball.
It’s ok that I’m not working at Nike.
It’s ok that I don’t have a girlfriend.
Because God knows what’s best for me.
And he knows that everything will work out.
And I need to trust that. 

7 comments:

  1. I love this!!! It's so true. I liked the part about learning how to hit the curveballs. You get life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this post.

    life is not concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is like the truest post ive read all day. im lovin it

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I thought I’d be perfect."
    same. I liked this whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really really really good! i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really really really good! i loved it!

    ReplyDelete