Sunday, April 12, 2015

Shoes


Where have my shoes been? My shoes are generic plain old black and white Nikes.  I guess you could say that your shoes are a visual description of yourself.  My shoes (like myself) have holes.  A lot of people would say they are worn out, but I think that just adds character.  My shoes have lived their life to the fullest.  They have felt to fresh dirt of countless job sites, being stained with paint and stucco as they construct a house that will become a home for a new family.  They've seen the happiest of times, inside Bank of America Stadium and Cameron Indoor Stadium, creating memories with my dad that will last long past their lives.  They've seen the saddest of times, feeling the cool tile of my grandma's hospital room, to the soft carpet of the chapel, where they hear my Aunt's soft sobs as we reminisce the passing of my 3 year old cousin.  My shoes have been to hell and back, with holes and marks, but that's what make them special.

1 comment:

  1. "The cool tile of my grandma's hospital room" wow I felt like I could see this whole thing. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete